Inventory Unit Detail
2012 Kawasaki KX 65
2012 Kawasaki KX 65 (1)
Time to Get Serious The Kawasaki KX™65 is a great place for riders to get their first taste of competitive riding. With its powerful two-stroke engine, lightweight chassis, disc brakes, long travel suspension – and a compact size that fits young racers – the KX65 is a fitting motorcycle on which to take that first step on the path to motocross glory.
Kawasaki's line of KX™s is a great place for a spirited youngster to get a taste for competitive riding. The KX65, with its powerful two-stroke engine, lightweight chassis, disc brakes, long travel – and a size that fits young riders' growing bodies – is a fitting way for children to get started on the path to motocross glory.
- 64cc two-stroke engine with digital ignition offers ideal timing for better throttle response throughout the rev range
- An electrofusion-coated cylinder with advanced exhaust and transfer ports for increased power and performance at higher rpm
- Six-speed transmission offers positive action and rugged durability; hard chrome-finished shift fork ends resist wear
- High-tensile steel frame offers exceptional torsional rigidity for excellent handling with a reinforced down tube for increased strength and durability
- Uni-Trak® rear suspension offers progressively increasing spring and damping strength as the suspension compresses for a more controlled ride
- Front and rear disc brakes are light, powerful and resist fading
- Industry-leading amateur racing support through Team Green™
- Digital ignition offers ideal timing for optimal throttle response throughout the rev range
- Ignition rotor features rare-earth magnets, making it smaller, lighter and more durable. Its low inertial moment improves low-rpm response
- High capacity ignition coil delivers a higher secondary voltage for a hotter spark, and the punchier response improves acceleration
- Connecting rod big-end bearing features a cage for added durability
- Primary gear is secured using a lock-nut to help reduce mechanical noise
- The oil seal of the left crankcase has a stopper for increased engine reliability
- Metafoam gaskets are used for the generator cover, water pump cover and water pump elbow for improved sealing
- Advanced exhaust and transfer ports increase power and performance at higher rpm
- Bridge between exhaust ports is machined for increased reliability and resistance to wear and seizure
- Lightweight cylinder liner transfers heat efficiently for cooler running
- Large radiator provides more consistent engine temperatures, keeping power output strong throughout the moto
- Cooling system offers greater reliability and less engine wear
- Feeds a four-petal reed valve for excellent throttle response
- Allows the engine to produce more power and torque at all rpm
- Positive action and rugged durability
- Hard chrome-finished shift-fork ends resist wear
- Manual clutch mechanism mirrors larger KX models
- Clutch cover gasket made of metal-carbon composite material
- Exceptional torsional rigidity for excellent handling
- Reinforced downtube adds strength and durability
- Engine and chassis bolts feature rust-resistant coating
- Four-position rebound-damping adjustment accommodates different riding styles and terrain
- Rising-rate action allows a more controlled ride as the suspension compresses
- Four-way adjustable rebound damping offers a variety of settings for various track conditions
- External reservoir helps maintain consistent damping
- Rebuildable aluminum body
- Forged aluminum rocker arm reduces weight and improves durability
- Light and powerful
- Ergonomic front brake lever shape offers better feel
- Resist fading
- Require less lever pressure
- Black aluminum rims provide the same aggressive look as the rims on larger KX models
- Reduce unsprung weight for improved suspension action
- Silencer is removable, and packing is replaceable
- Oval shape mimics the styling of larger-displacement KX models
- Engine: Two-stroke single
- Displacement: 64cc
- Bore x Stroke: 44.5 x 41.6mm
- Cooling System: Liquid
- Carburetion: Mikuni VM24SS
- Induction: Four-petal reed valve
- Compression ratio: 8.4:1
- Ignition: Digital CDI
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final drive: Chain
- Frame Type: Semi-double-cradle, high-tensile steel
- Rake/Trail: 27 degrees / 2.4 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 33mm leading axle conventional fork with four-position rebound damping adjustment/ 8.3 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK® single shock system with 0-3 turn rebound damping adjustment and fully adjustable spring preload / 9.4
- Front Tire Size: 60/100x14
- Rear Tire Size: 80/100x12
- Front brakes / rear brakes: Hydraulic disc / Disc
- Overall length: 62.6 in.
- Overall width: 29.9 in.
- Overall height: 37.6 in.
- Ground clearance: 12
- Seat height: 29.9 in.
- Curb weight: 132.2 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 1.0 gal.
- Wheelbase: 44.1 in.
- Color Choices: Lime Green
- Engine Type
- Two-stroke single
- 64 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 44.5 x 41.6 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Carburetion: Mikuni VM24SS; Induction: Four-petal reed valve
- Digital CDI
- Front Suspension
- 33mm leading axle conventional fork with four-position rebound damping adjustment/ 8.3 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- UNI-TRAK® single shock system with 0-3 turn rebound damping adjustment and fully adjustable spring preload / 9.4 travel
- Rear Brakes
- Rear Tire
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 132.2 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.0 gal.
- 44.1 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 12 in.
- Seat Height
- 29.9 in.
- 2.4 in.
- 27 deg.
- Final Drive
- Lime Green